Pasochoa is an extinct volcanic caldera formed by a lush Andean forest located northeast of the Machachi valley, in the Cordillera Oriental, along with the Ilaló volcano and the Rumiñahui volcano. Our trekking tour through the reserve and exciting ascent to Pasachoa volcano will take us one day, where we will observe a great diversity of flora and fauna such as the Andean condor, foxes, skunks, wolves, cervicabras and pumas, as well as snakes and small lizards that make this place a perfect destination to acclimatize and gain the ability to reach higher mountains.
This mountain offers a spectacular route of ascent through chaquiñanes, forests, meadows and pastures accessible to beginners and expert climbers. In this acclimatization and training climb, our explorers have the opportunity to ascend to an altitude of 4,200 meters above sea level.
ADVENTURE | TREKKING | ACCLIMATIZATION
The top of the Pasochoa Fauna Reserve offers the best panoramic views of the elevations that make up the Avenue of the Volcanoes, such as Cotopaxi, Sincholagua, Rumiñahui, Antisana, Cayambe, Pichinchas, Illinizas and Corazón.
- Adventure excursion, training and acclimatization
- Quiet hike to enjoy the Andean biodiversity
- Climb rocky volcanoes or hike along comfortable and well marked trails
- Recognize a great variety of birds and plants along the way
- Reach the summit of the Pasochoa volcano (4,200 m - 13,779 ft)
- A good level of physical condition
- Previous experience in mountain hiking
- No previous climbing experience is required
- Hikes and treks from 3 to 5 hours
- Ascent and descent at altitude
- Each person carries his or her personal equipment following the expedition guide's guidelines
FULL DAY. PASOCHOA WILDLIFE RESERVE
At dawn we will begin an ascent of approximately 3 hours through the volcano flanks, on a route of trails protected by humid Andean cloud forest to reach the maximum summit of the volcano (5,126 m - 13,779 ft), where we can appreciate the impressive natural beauty of large volcanoes that coexist with large Andean cities and towns. On the way back we will enjoy a 2 hour tour admiring a variety of birds and plants that your guide will indicate and explain to you.
Inclusions: AM Expeditions Leadership (Registered Company); Certified Mountain Guides (IFMGA, ASEGUIM | English - Spanish); All logistics and organization of tourist visits; box lunch; private transportation during the trip to and from Quito.
Exclusions: extra food and beverages, insurance or personal expenses, tips (optional).
What to bring on this excursion:
ASCENT DATES 2023: AVAILABLE
This tour is available 7 days a week, 365 days a year.